Continuing the colour theme, this month we’re taking a look at the colour orange. For many, this colour can be especially annoying. A splotch of orange instantly arrests the eye, especially light coloured clothing and fabric. Orange stains can come from a variety of sources, from solid or liquid forms of orange, to pasta sauces and even squash! So the next time you’re on the receiving end of an orange stain, check back here for our best top stain removal tips.
Oranges can be a tricky fruit to eat, especially when they’re not totally ripe to be eaten! Stubborn skin, or too much pressure applied while peeling it, can cause juice to spurt from the fruit, sometimes landing on your clothing. Tangerines, clementines and mandarins also suffer from the same problem, but fortunately it’s easy to get the stain out with the help of Vanish.
Stain removal is simple with oranges:
- Pre-treat the stain with 20 ml 0f Vanish Oxi Action Gel.
- Gently rub the stain with the base of the pod, allowing it to work into the stain.
- Leave the gel to set for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Finally, place a pod of 6ml of gel into the washing machine with your clothing, and wash.
Once dried, the stain should be gone!
Of course, if this happens often, you might want to switch to mandarins, which are easy to peel!
Normally thought of as a red stain, in fact tomato sauce stains can come in a variety of colours depending on the ingredients used in making it. The recipe may call for spices, other ingredients, or just a watered down tomato pulp. So you could end up with a red stain or a deep orange one on your sleeves or right down your front! Fortunately, you can follow these tips to wash the stain off.
- Soak the stained clothing in 1 scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder in four liters of water.
- Soak the item for up to an hour, unless it is white, in which case you can soak for up to four hours.
- Pop in the machine with another scoop of Vanish. There, it’s as good as new!
Squash and Pumpkin
A much rarer stain, but squashes (and pumpkins!) can leave your clothing a little more orange than before. Whether it be from a carving accident, or from boiling a vegetable to even juicing, a mishap or mishandling can lead to a stain. Fortunately, as with anything stain related, you can tackle it head on with these tips.
- Scrape away any excess vegetable from the clothing.
- Add a little water to a scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder, and apply the solution to the stain .
- Allow to set for five minutes, and then wash as usual.
The stain should disappear!